Apache Openoffice v4.1.2 Patch 1 Multilingual (Portable)
Author: kakalot on 8-09-2016, 07:42, Views: 20
Apache Openoffice v4.1.2 Patch 1 Multilingual (Portable) | 153/284 Mb
Apache OpenOffice is a full-featured office suite that comes as a more affordable alternative to the popular Microsoft Office. It brings alternative solutions for each major tool bundled into Microsoft's very own suite, which means that you can switch to this application even if you are a fan of MS Word, Excel, Power Point or Access.
Complex setup process and clear-cut GUI
Apache OpenOffice has them all, obviously under a different name, yet boasting almost the same powerful functions as Microsoft's software package. The installer allows you to set up only the components you need, by simply selecting them, yet this is a reason why it is important to check twice before making your choices.
Using this utility is quite easy after you get used to the menus and the places functions are located. Sure, it might be a bit overwhelming for first-time users, but it's only the way such a complex application may interact with its users.
Exploring all the multiple tools at your disposal
"Writer" is a part of the suite designed as a direct replacement for Microsoft Word. It comes with spell checking, it allows you to insert tables, pictures, files or graphs into new documents, change formatting, build macros, switch to another language or even install extensions from the same rich interface.
Apache OpenOffice "Calc" is Excel's equivalent and it has everything you need, be it spreadsheet functions, filters, forms, charts and drawings. In addition to that the "Impress" component challenges PowerPoint and relies on a wide assortment of built-in animations and effects to make your presentations more appealing.
Conclusion and performance
Apache OpenOffice is an efficient and reliable piece of software which comprises all the necessary tools to become your office suite of choice. It runs quite smooth even on older computers, without popping errors or freezing, while the interface might seems quite familiar and thus, simple to handle.
New in version 4.1.2 (October 28, 2015)
• Several distinct enhancements were applied to the WebDAV management and file locking: OpenOffice is now able to properly interact with Microsoft Sharepoint, enabling a more productive usage in corporate-level environments. These enhancements were funded, and contributed upstream, by the Emilia-Romagna regional administration (Italy), where OpenOffice was adopted a few years ago.
• The PDF export dialog was redesigned for better usability on small laptop screens.
• Underlying libraries for the solver and digital signing functionality have been updated, for better performance and increased security.
• OpenOffice 4.1.2 fixes security vulnerabilities. See the security announcements page for more information.
• Support for the ancient .hwp file format (a very rarely used format, used by files created with the program named "Hangul Word Processor", versions prior to 1997) was retired. Impact on users is expected to be minimal. The few users who have files in the .hwp format should convert them to ODF using Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 before upgrading.
All Link Download :